THESE ARE THE KALIN TWINS FIRST RECORDER IN 1959 = LOOK OUT FOR SIR CLIFF - GREAT BAND

Sunday 31 October 2010

MY NEW CHALLENGE - ARABIC


How do I start this part of my Blog? . . . On the 1st of October I visited Casablanca, and wow ! what place, I was taken back to really go to a 3rd world country, but that was only one side of the road, the other side wealth . . . honest ! And over the past weeks my passion has been going stronger, I have seen what the Moors did in and for Spain, which I also love. My passion for Spain started 6 or more years ago, and I always have to gone one further, and learn the language, not only speak but read (habla y leer). And now I have started to learn Arabic, thank God they have vowles, very close to english and spanish, but reading and writing this time is right out. There are many words in spanish that are arabic, so the back of the throat trick I have. I do read the spanish paper each day (cada dia) El Pais and on Saturday there was this wonderful black and white picture of an American writer Paul Bowles who lived in Tangiers for over 50 years, it was a truly wondrerful shot. Some of these writers, poets, etc., just have that edge of some-thing different, the picture was taken in 1975, it is not the picture - but the pose. Now I have read many books by Brits who have gone to Spain, and yes find a finka . . . full of olive trees, and all is done in a year, the locals help out, free of course, ah no I dont think so, I have met some kind ones, but not generous,to work and do all the villa up "por nada". Paul Bowles he was a song writer, poet and even had a book turned into a film, he died in 1999 in his 80's in Morocco, his remains were taken to another great place in The World New York. Now I have to find this book to read (leer). So far only on Amazon mucho - $$$$$ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . beslama !

No comments: